Wednesday 15 January 2014

New year, new miles



This photo was taken of me two years ago, watching the Back Up marathon runners.  The girl in the photo is Milly, my eldest daughter and over Christmas did a training run with me. It was more tantrums than miles, but the thought was there!

Its sad to say, but I'm really rather starting to enjoy the running, which is a good thing because its taking up a awful lot of time.  Christmas was easy for friends and family, as I now have every bit of conceivable running kit known to man, and so I now look the business, even if I don't run like it!  The longest I have run is for two hours, and I'm sorry to say we have had some tears... the thought of adding another two and half hours on is quite frightening!  I can't help but take my hat of to those who have done it.

So, what we all want is another Back Up story. This month I'm going to share Ben's story.  He tells it far better than I ever could in this video which is only a few minutes long.  He is a role model to many other young people and adults alike and he's made a huge difference to the services under eighteen year old's receive from Back Up.  He was instrumental in developing our first course for teenagers looking to make those significant transitions from home to uni or work.... happy watching!



If you'd like to help me reach my target of raising £3,000 for Back Up, please sponsor me here.

No comments:

Post a Comment